On the Beginners Silver Art clay day you will learn how to shape, texture and mould the clay in the morning.
Following a break for lunch, which will allow the clay time to dry, we will file smooth and fire the pieces before polishing.
This course is perfect for complete beginners. No previous experience of jewellery making needed as we will break each step down throughout the day. You will learn lots of tips and everything you need to make your own silver clay pieces at home.
There will be an hour lunch break at around 1pm; at this time we are asking everyone to pop out during this break to allow time for cleaning etc.
The total price of this class is £80 which includes one 5 gram pack of silver clay; this is usually enough to make at least 2 items if not more.
More packs of clay will be available to buy on the day if required as well as chains and findings such as earring wires.
If you have something in particular you would like to make please get in touch to discuss before the class so we can advise if it is achievable. Please note this class does not cover stone setting.
For more information or to ask any questions please get in touch Please see below for more information on the changes we have made the studio since reopening.
“It’s amazing what you can achieve and leave wearing something you’ve created! Warning: working with silver art clay is totally addictive!” Carrie – Beginners Silver Art Clay
See more creations from this class and others on our gallery pages here
Classes are suitable for anyone over 16; for ages 14-16 they will need to be accompanied by an adult who is also booked into the class. Please contact us to discuss the suitability of classes for under 14’s prior to booking.
COVID Information –
*The latest information on current class sizes and any updates or relaxations to procedures in the studio will be on the website or contact us for further information*
- Class sizes have been reduced since reopening. Screens are also hung between the spare work spaces. If you are attending with someone in your household/bubble please let us know and we will try to arrange the workshop so you can sit directly next to each other.
- A tool kit at each work bench including most of the tools you will need however there are a few items that need to be shared around the studio; these will need to be wiped down after each use and we ask for only one person to be in these areas at a time.
- Please bring a facemask with you to wear while you are in the studio.
- Please wash your hands upon entering the studio and regularly throughout the class.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided and we will be asking for help to wipe down the tools at your work bench and your work area at the end of each session.
- No cash payments; please pay for your classes online before your session and if you have any materials to pay for please bring a card so we can do payments on the card machine.
- We have a video system to film demonstrations and show them on a tv screen.
- Please bring your own drinks and refreshments to the studio as we can not provide them at this time.
Thank you in advance for understanding and working with the new systems we have put in place to make the studio as safe as possible.
If you display any symptom of the virus or receive a notification of possible contact with COVID please DO NOT attend any sessions; follow government guidelines with regards to self isolating. Please give as much notice as possible and we will work with you to rearrange your lesson to another time.
Should you develop symptoms after your class please advise us so we can take the necessary steps with advising anyone else you may have been in contact with at the school.
If there are further restrictions from the government we will of course re assess the situation and if we go into another lockdown or restrictions are tightened we will close immediately.